firstly may i thank all of you who have contacted either myself or John to enquire about how to financially support the church at this time!
Although the doors of the church are locked, the majority of our costs remain! We have taken a couple of steps to reduce these, such as
1) Turning off the heating in the church
2) The PCC have agreed to reduce our parish share by 25% for the next three months.
3) Postponing the publication of the Barming Link.
The challenge now for us as a church is balancing the remaining funds we have. With the suspension of weddings and the Dioceses new policy on funeral fees (Jan 2020) our source of income from the occasional offices has been drastically reduced.
Our other main source of income, the open plate on a Sunday has also ceased for the foreseeable future, which means we are predominantly surviving on our reserves.
If you are able to, and would like to continue financially supporting the church throughout the crisis, there are several ways of doing this.
1) For those of you who give by the green envelope scheme, even though you are not attending the church building, you could still put an envelope aside each week.
2) For those of you with online or telephone banking you can support the church electronically either by setting up a regular payment or one off donations.
if you would like our bank details please email me, we have not published them for security reasons. - We are also working on online giving and will keep you updated.
3) Create a jar at home, which you put loose change in, and then when the church is reopen you can bring your jars along.
Finally we appreciate, that for many in our community the crisis will have drastically effected their income. So please do not feel guilty if you are in that camp and cannot give during this season.
Yours in Christ